Programmatic Review and Design
Analysis forms a foundation for program design, monitoring, adaptation and innovation. In addition, rigorous analysis and learning inform an important basis for building evidence around key programmatic models to influence development practices and policy.
Below are methods used by CARE teams to:
- Reflect on CARE's programming alignment to our Principles and Commitment to Rights-Based Approaches and Gender Equality;
- To develop program initiatives grounded in local realities; and
- To design programs in relation to the Program Approach.
Useful Resources for Programmatic Design are:
- CARE Gender Marker
- Women's Empowerment Impact Measurement Initiative (WEIMI) Guide
- Guide/compendium from ECARMU's situational analysis for program design
Analysis and Programmatic Review/Design
To reflect on and improve programming, a number of tools also:
Reflect on portfolios and their alignment to CARE Principles and Gender Equality
Build from analysis to inform programmatic initiatives
Design long-term programs based on situational analysis